How long can a TV extension cable be?

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember MM saying something like:

Yes, and they're pretty crap most of the time. I had one, put up with it for a year, but soon got tired of its idiosyncrasies and replaced it with a run of CT100.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Yes, they transmit *one* program, not *all* programs.

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , MM wrote

But those signals start out at 1 Volt 6MHz and not 0.00005V at 800MHz you get from your aerial.

Reply to
Alan

You told us that you've got a spare cable there already.

Why are you so determined not to use it?

And dreaming up all sorts of weird, complex and unworkablem 'solutions' as excuses for not doing so ...?

Reply to
Terry Casey

In message , MM wrote

These days you would need two cables for a satellite PVR so why not the use SPARE cable you have already and worry about installing something else when the need arises.

Are you actually sure that this cable is fully screened and suitable for satellite and not some general purpose cable of lesser quality? Builders are not noted their grasp of what is required for various technologies and will tend to fit what is on sale at the builders merchants.

Reply to
Alan

I'm only saying what I was told by the builder when he handed over the property.

MM

Reply to
MM