How expensive is tunnelling?

Put on a high visibility waistcoat and carry a clipboard and nobody is likely to question it. They could, of course, have used a laser measure, but I've never found them as accurate as a tape measure.

First, they could, if they wished, take several nights to attack from underneath without leaving any visible signs. Second, if, as suggested, the machines dye mark the notes if the safe is forced, that might be an area which, until now at least, has not been included in the protection.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Can you say where that was doesn't ring any bells;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

There are some highly intelligent people in prison.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Reminds me of a similar phrase I heard once, "can't count to 21 with his flies zipped up".

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Oh hush. You're messing with people's preconceptions and predjudices here. They don't want to hear it!

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

And innocent people ;)

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Yup, blanket categorisation does not work here...

ISTR someone telling Richard Branson, that he would one day either go to prison or become a millionaire. Very nearly did both in the end!

Reply to
John Rumm

Sorry, I missed this.

My recollection is that it was in, or near, Royston. It was situated in a large old house (early Victorian, I would guess.) The man who ran it was a sculptor, or maybe that was his wife.

I was googling for "Royston borstal" to confirm what I think I recall, and I came across a list of the distances from the town of Borstal (Rochester) to every town in England, and it reminded me of the present that one of those staying at the borstal gave to the headmaster when he left - a thick document listing the shortest way to get between any two stations in the UK.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy