How do I change time on my vans clock?

68 Peugeot Expert and I want the clock to go forward 1 hour.

So in settings there is an option of syncing with GPS and that is set to on.

Brilliant - so the clock is correct when connected to Android auto and the phone is plugged in.

Remove the phone and the clock goes back 1 hour.

Suggestions please

Reply to
ARW

No advice, but am curious why my last 4 all singing all dancing cars have always needed the clock adjusted manually, despite having all the settings to get time from RDS and GPS.

Yesterday I was experimenting with settings, and as far as I can tell the "Daylight saving" option doesn't tell the clock to automatically adjust for DST. It just advances the hour by 1. What a useless "feature".

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Despite all te relevant options set in my car I had to adjust the time manually today by one hour. :(

Reply to
alan_m

Without some update there is a risk the clock will change to DST when it shouldn't. Less complaints than if it goes wrong.

I would like to see DST all year round. I'm surprised there's not more a movement like a petition to retain the hour difference all year.

Reply to
Fredxx

Well it would. Car takes its marching orders from your phone, but reverts to its own ideas when the phone isn't there.

Sometimes... There is a setting, somewhere, deep down in the car's menu, which asks if you want to: "Use Summertime H+1 setting? Y/N" (Actual words will vary greatly, but you get the idea.)

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Such bollocks. A single button press was all it took for SWMBO to advance the time by one hour in the motor. In 7 months time it will be 11 presses, but who cares.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Same for me. The time has to be adjusted every time there's a change, despite the "settings" saying otherwise.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

A single button press? No way. Probably about 6 presses to drill down into the menu to find where the clock setting is. But that's not the point. Why, when the manual says there should be an automatic change between GMT and BST (and back), does it not work that way?

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Oh do pay attention. The clock in my Auris has two buttons, one for advancing the minutes, the other for advancing the hours. It's almost exactly the same as setting the time on our cooker and just as simple. Menu my arse.

Reply to
Tim Streater

My alarm clock stayed stubbornly and hour slow, despite being self-setting over the airwaves. When I unplugged it and plugged it back in, it moved straight to the correct time!

Reply to
SteveW

Definitely. Like the majority of people, I get up in the morning, visit the bathroom, get ready and go to work. Daylight in the evenings, after work, is of use to me, but definitely not the mornings. Unless you have a dog to walk, what use it it being light at 7am?

As well as that, the vast majority of people feel down with the dark afternoons and early evenings and their mood lifts as soon as the clock goes forward and we get more daylight at a time that is of use to us.

Reply to
SteveW

My car adjusts automatically. My wife's takes a single press on the hh button below the clock.

Reply to
SteveW

Don't use frog vehicles.

Reply to
Rod Speed

How odd that it works fine with any decent mobile phone.

Me too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I haven't had to adjust the clock in any of my cars for about 20 years. Get in, turn it on the day after, and watch the clock reset itself.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

'Daylight Saving Time', and when it starts & stops is a political decision & can vary either side of a border.

It can change within a border, if the government wills it so (revert to GMT all year round, adopt double summer time etc.). The time transmitted by that GPS satellite ignores such things - because it has to. The most practical solution is to get the user to change a setting when it is needed.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Does it really say that?

Your car can't tell if the (UK) government might suddenly decide that we will stick to GMT all year round - or maybe change the start & end dates for BST.

Lacking a political ouija board, it sticks with a method which works and is flexible enough to do the job.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Some cars would pick up a time signal from DAB radio - if you managed to listen to a DAB radio station for long enough.

That was true of cars we had - before built-in satnav became a thing.

I suppose the designers thought that, now cars are constantly receiving a very accurate time signal via the GPS system, the DAB radio way of doing things was no longer needed.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Not surprised you hopped onto that one.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

If only...

Honda don't like making things simple. This shows the clock setting (same in UK):

It's the top one for "Models with display audio system".

And, from a Honda Jazz forum: "FWIW, I wouldn’t bother trying to find this in the handbook. That says the DST setting controls whether you want the system to change the time automatically or manually ... but it doesn’t work. It’s ridiculous that this doesn’t happen automatically, even my 20-year old central heating timer - which does not have any web or radio connectivity at all - manages to do it!"

So, as you can see, I wasn't making it up. Apology accepted...;-)

Reply to
Jeff Layman