Problem setting time on Cookoo clock

I have a German made coo-koo clock and the hour alarm is not synchronized. It appears to go off around 20 after the hour instead of on the hour. We've tried everything to get it right, but had no luck. I would appreciate your suggestions on how to get it corrected. Thanks for your help.

We've
your
Perhaps the minute hand has slipped out of sync with the hour hand? Wait until it chimes & while holding the hour hand, turn the minute to the tops of the hour.
On this day, 11/17/2003 9:21 AM, Joe wrote thusly:

Make sure the base of the clock is level, then use the slider on the pendant to correct the time. Do this over several days.