how did this happen ?

bloody well is...that is why I was asking what caused it

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Or something very heavy or hot has been placed on the lid of the laptop whilst the lid has been closed. The damage has been inflicted from the case side of the laptop?

Reply to
alan_m

Or case closed up with a coin left on the keyboard.

Reply to
alan_m

all interesting thoughts....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

It got too much pressure applied to it - either from being hit with something, or quite commonly, the lid was shut while there was something resting on the keyboard.

The screen is shagged, replace it and move on (£25 - £60 depending on the exact model of panel, and a 10 min job)

(or for those too tight to spend money on computers, just use it with an external display)

Reply to
John Rumm

Perhaps somebody pointed a high-power laser at it.

John

Reply to
John Walliker

umur

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

umurni gonna do that ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Wrong again. Brian Reay doesn't post in this group.

Reply to
Radio Man

you don't ? ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I've had a fault exactly like that. I guess there's fluid in the screen and the black circlr is an air bubble.

Reply to
Dave W

can I fix it then ?

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Yes, take the screen off, lookup the part number and get one from ebay.

Reply to
John Rumm

oh right

Reply to