House insurance and burglar alarms

You don't feed the dog on pedigree chum. You buy the big bags of dry dog food.

Reply to
harry

I have owned several. All from rescue places. This is something dogs do naturally. Virtually no training needed.

Reply to
harry

Or automatic lighting. With an inside buzzer linked in.

Reply to
harry

The lead thieves round here work in broad daylight with safety hats and dayglo jackets.

Reply to
harry

there are various aerosols available in supermarkets/halfords that will disable a dog without much trouble.

Reply to
dennis

ITYM go down and kill them because you are afraid they will hurt you or your family.

Reply to
dennis

They break into my house and they will take what they are given. If they don't like that ... then stay out.

Reply to
Ophelia

What exactly do the professional maintainers do for the money?...

Other than perhaps change the power unit battery once every 10 years?....

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Peter Parry scribeth thus

Tho GSM ones are a shade more difficult as long as U remember to top up the SIM card;!....

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , charles scribeth thus

AIUI they do turn up if the line is cut, seen it happen and it wasn't me cutting the line just Padraig in his digger;!....

Reply to
tony sayer

Automatic lighting with a buzzer?

The light illuminates their way, the buzzer tells them nobody is home

Have you EVER heard half a dozen sound bombs go off close to you?

The sound gets inside your head, it's unpleasant, you just don't want to be there, it's not a comfortable place to be for the "recreational" burglar

You go somewhere else to get your kicks

Reply to
geoff

Indeed. Our local post-office was robbed at knifepoint. The staff then called the police and named the offender - as it was the same post-office that he cashed his giro at each fortnight!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

It's all a question of cost. My stuff, I sweated my bollocks off to get the wherewithal to buy it; hours and days of fecking pain and discomfort were endured to earn money. Any f***er comes in to my place, with the intention of stealing from me will have to pay the price in at least the same amount of pain, condensed into a single blow. That might prove fatal, but that's just tough s**te.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Which ones are they? Are you making stuff up again?

Reply to
harry

I think they just confirm everything is working & sign a bit of paper.

Reply to
harry

remember to factor in the costs of their health insurance..... ;>))

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

eh???? just say it's been removed / inoperative?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

The ones I referred to on my street were fitted by me - so of course they worked perfectly first time;-)

Reply to
ARW

Not necessarily anything wrong with the alarm, but more often with the users of it not having learned how it works, learned not to leave helium balloons and hanging decorations in view of sensors, not properly closd an alarmed door, etc.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I once drilled out and changed a lock for a landlord at a house in Thurnscoe. It was dark so I aimed the vans headlights towards the door. 3 neighbours came out to see what I was pinching and see what they could get their hands on once I got inside.

Reply to
ARW