Hotpoint WMT01P Pump Replacement

Hello, I've got the above washing machine and a Hotpoint engineer has advised me that the pump needs replacing. I've got to do the repair myself for =A3 reasons and I've got a pump on order. I just wondered if anyone could tell me where the pump is located and any tips it would be worth knowing before I pull the machine to bits. Thanks in advance for any help anyone may have for me, Cheers...

Reply to
shotguntony

Not familiar with this specific machine but pumps are normally at the bottom of the machine near the front where there is normally a cover leading to the filter. You may well get sufficient access by tipping the machine over on its side (on an old blanket/cloth?) opposite the pump. Withthe pump now at the high point of the machine, there should be little spillage when the hoses are removed. wo screws/bolts normally attach the pump to the chassis. An obvious comment but do disconnect the electricity supply first!.

Good Luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Tipping machines onto their side can cause damage - unless the transit bolts are re-fitted. (All that concrete weight going where it shouldn't could hit something vital.)

Some Hotpoints have the pump at the rear and the back panel needs to be removed.

John

Reply to
john.plant90

bottom r/h corner just clips into base for access remove lower rear panel, check sump for blockages.

Reply to
powerstation

Tip onto the front or back not the sides to avoid damage if needed

Reply to
NikV