Maytag G308 agitator removal

Hello everyone,

I had posted earlier in this forum about a problem I was having with some black grease showing up on the clothes of my Maytag G308 washing machine. Someone suggested that I pull the agitator our as it appears that the seal is bad. I'm trying to find the screw for the agitator and some old google posts have said that it is located at the bottom of the agitator in a 1/8" hole. I've looked around with a small screw driver but it doesn't appear to be anything in there. When I move around the agitator, it appears that the least movement is coming from the top tip of the agitator. Does anyone know on this model if there is a screw and if indeed is on the top, or is there something that I need to get to pry the agitator off? I'd like to fix this if I can as I don't think that any of the newer Maytags will last as long as this one has.

Thanks in Advance for your help,

Nick

Reply to
Nick