Hotpoint aquarius washer motor not turning

Hi group.

Got a problem with the washing machine. It is a straight washing machine no drier.

Motor isn't turning. If I put it onto the spin cycle I hear the emptying pump running but motor isn't turning. Belt is fine I have also tried removing the belt to see if the motor will turn. Motor can spin freely though with my finger. Brushes can't really be a problem because I replaced those not long ago and there where no signs of these failing again.

The mechanical program thing still turns and ends the cycle.

Suggestions please as what next to look at.

Reply to
david.cawkwell

If its like my Hotpoint WM63 it could be the brushes (or brush) stuck in their holders. The ones I've used come in a plastic holder with a spring. A little brass tab has to be bent away to allow the brush to contact the comm. One time I changed brushes the motor was fine for a while then stopped. Hadnt bent the tab enough and it caused one brush to stick.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

suspects are motor brushes, wiring loom, motor controller, programmer.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The message from snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net contains these words:

Check the fluid level sensor. Some machines won't start to turn the drum until most of the water's gone.

In my experience it's usually the little pipe from the back of the drum up to the level switch on the top angle that's blocked with soap scum.

Reply to
Guy King

Reply to
powerstation