Hospitals

I had a flexible cysto yesterday. Location was was changed from a local NHS clinic to Queen Marys in Roehampton, which I'd never been to before. Much larger car park than my local St Georges, and plenty spaces at 14.00. Seems the equipment at the Nelson Clinic was suffering from low water pressure.

Had the same doctor, though. Who is very very good. Fascinating looking at the insides of your bladder. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bit painful I found when he shoved it up the piss pipe.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

What I found ironic was the local anaesthetic/lubricant they squirted up first stung like crazy!

Reply to
TOJ

I once had this umberella shaped thing shoved up there at the clap clinic many decades ago. That stung! Just thought I'd share that as a warning to our younger DIYers to be a bit particular over who you have 'relations' with. Adam take note. :-D

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Trouble is that there is still no app for your phone that can tell you that she's clean before you f*ck her.

Reply to
ZakJames

I got to see my ileocaecal valve this week. Must be a special offer on ?oscopies? this week. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Well, if that's an issue, you could try this ----->

Oren

Noted.

But there is nothing embarrassing about buying condoms.

Buying pregnancy testing kits and a trip to the clap clinic are IMHO more embarrassing.

The clap clinic was a set up. Take note, never split up with a psycho nurse (a bunny boiler and I was married when I shagged her) as her mates in the clap clinic can be evil.

Reply to
ARW

Not if they use plenty freezer. But you may have to ask for it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes. But better than not using it at all.

The first BCG I had (a chemical inserted into the bladder via a catheter) was done with no anaesthetic. But not the next ones. ;-)

I'd guess it varies from person to person.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Google 'HoLEP'. I didn't feel a thing.

Reply to
Bob Eager

It was regarded as shameful back in the past. Nowadays, however, you're expected to be proud to be infected with whatever, to shout it from the rooftops and the pride you exude is in proportion with the seriousness of the infection. So to come out as HIV+ gets you welcomed with whoops of delight, back-slapping and applause on the part of the brainwashed masses. Insanity or what? :(

Reply to
Chris

Do they still do contact tracing (asking you who you'd had sex with)? How did that work when they did it?

Reply to
Max Demian

I don't think it did! I would guess the overwhelming majority would simply claim they didn't know who they'd contracted it from for all sorts of perfectly understandable reasons.

Reply to
Chris

Are you really that camp looking? Could explain a great deal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I did and it looks to be a different thing.

This is simply inserting a camera for a look around.

With bladder cancer TURBT is the procedure used to remove a tumour in situ. But here they used a general anesthetic.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Mother in law had bladder cancer for twenty years. She died of something else entirely. She had regular scrapes of the bladder, and on one occasion she had a course of chemo injected into the bladder, but apart from that it didn't really affect her.

Reply to
GB

Thanks for giving me hope. ;-)

The stuff they squirt into the bladder is BCG. (Usually) It's a version of the TB vaccine. Must have discovered by accident it did things with this cancer.

Normally 6 treatments a week apart, then three more at 3 months, 9 months and 1 year. Outpatient, and takes only about 20 minutes. With checks it is working in between.

With many, no symptoms at all apart from the initial bleeding. Which is why they ran that TV campaign recently urging you to get checked out if you ever see blood in your pee - even if only once. The initial checks are pretty simple. Ultrasound scan. Blood and urine tests. And a cysto to have a look inside. And a CT scan. If positive, they can guess what type near immediately. And then do a biopsy to be 100% certain. So no need to be afraid of the tests as such. Caught early, treatment has a very good success rate without major surgery.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)