Home electronics spare parts

Hello!

I have faulty Philips food processor and I have found service codes for parts. I can't find those components anywhere. What are usual places to look home electronics spare parts?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Best regards, Kasutaja

Reply to
kasutaja

Are you in the UK? You don't seem to be a native speaker.

Reply to
newshound

Hi!

Yes, indeed I'm outside UK. I should have specified that I look Internet based, EU delivering companies. Thanks for asking that!

Best regards, Kasutaja

Reply to
kasutaja

These days, it is often worth trying eBay instead of a traditional supplier, lots of people buy stuff wholesale and sell on-line. Check feedback if you are worried about eBay. If someone has had 99.5% positive feedback from 10,000 sales there should not be much to worry about.

You still didn't say what components you were looking for.

Reply to
newshound

I omitted specific part numbers, because I wanted broad answer. I hoped that there is some chinese shop or something like that selling components for home electronics. Useful for broader audience and my future endeavors :) But in this time, I look Philips HR7775/00 part 4203 035 91260 (Safety switches New model). I looked into ebay, can't find it.

Thanks for Your replies, newshound!

Wbr, Kasutaja

Reply to
kasutaja

They just look like a pair of microswitches, presumably if you have the original parts you could match some equivalents from e.g.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Perhaps the OP could provide a picture for us.

Reply to
Graham.

Thanks, Andy! Seems promising, looking some pictures and descriptions.

Wbr, Kasutaja

Reply to
kasutaja

Depends on how old it is. If its from an old one when Philips actually made stuff, then its probably too old to fix, but the other problem is you need to find the importer of the device and see if they do service them. many do have part numbers but trying to find anyone who will actually supply them cheaper than a new device is hard these days.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Try Tmart.com

Reply to
Ash Burton

Too old to fix eh. I can still fix pre-war appliances ok.

If it's some sort of switch, why not open it & clean the contacts. If they're oxidised use a pencil eraser. If they're burnt & pitted use emery paper.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You might get some help via

Bob Minchin

Sometimes you don't find parts just from the part number, but you can find something suitable with more searching. For instance, the part might be for a white fridge but there's another part for a silver fridge that you can source. Or the same part might be used for a Zanussi and an Electrolux, with different internal part numbers. It can help using google to look for parts lists, service manuals, etc.

Quite often parts show up on websites of vendors who have no stock, or are somewhere you can't order easily (China etc). Those websites frequently have lists of models that the part fits, or numbers of equivalent parts. If you then search for those, you might find suppliers of other compatible parts.

Also, it's worth knowing the name of your part in other languages. eg a Miele part is much more likely to be described in German than English.

Pictures are everything - once you've followed down three levels of linked part numbers, you need to check that it's still the right one!

It's hard work, but there's a lot of stock out there if you can find it. For instance, I've found obscure 30 year old car and appliance parts with a lot of digging.

Good luck!

Theo

Reply to
Theo

2 minutes

The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher presented the following explanation :

Those are standard micro switches, obtainable from Maplin quite cheaply.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Here are some on eBay (UK)

You don't say what country you are in, which makes it more difficult to advise on sources.

Reply to
newshound

Microswitches are not worth fiddling with, IMHO, since they are usually standard sizes and readily available. Small ones are normally glued shut and difficult to open without destroying them.

Reply to
newshound

In any case, if it is an AC mains switch it is going to fail because of spring failure or contact erosion beyond what can be compensated for. They won't be helped by cleaning.

It is worth mentioning that spares are going to be either proprietary parts which need tracing by maker's part number, or generic parts that can be obtained much more cheaply from an electronics distributor. Though it is sometimes difficult to tell which is which, especially if they aren't marked with a generic part number.

These are generic microswitches, but one needs to check the dimensions of the levers.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Switches are best opened when you don't have spares. If you do, sure, just replace.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I've fixed many switches with burnt contacts with a little file or emery paper. Maybe I was hallucinating on each occasion. It does raise the question of why you think they would not work when clean flat metal is exposed on each surface.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr