Philips food processor question.

Check plug fuse, check flex, particularly at each end, for starters. This is the commonest fault with portable appliances.

Reply to
harryagain

I have a Philips HR7754 food processor. Recently, it just wouldn't switch on; there was no noise or smoke or anything, it's just dead. Needless to say, Philips said they don't repair this model any more and I've had no success finding anyone to repair it (Central Scotland). I know the standard advice would be to just replace it, but it really goes against the grain to junk what has been a very good machine, so I'm wondering what's for the best?

Regards

Syke

Reply to
Syke

I presume you have changed the fuse in the plug?

You can download the very brief service manual at ftp://ftp.univ.kiev.ua/incoming/upload/lao/PHILIPS/.../HR775401.pdf

Other than finding someone who fancies it as a bit of a challenge and with some electronics experience you may have a problem but having the service manual may help.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Sounds like its gone open circuit somewhere. Could be anywhere but the onoff switch is a likely suspect. If faulty, they can usually work ok once the contacts are cleaned. Get yourself a cheap multimeter and find out where its gone o/c.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I fix quite a lot of food processors at public repair events. Check fuse and continuity of mains cable. In almost all cases, it's the interlock safety switches, sometimes due to wear of the parts so they aren't quite closing the contact, sometimes one has broken. A couple of times, nothing was wrong, but the owner simply hadn't assembled the processor parts fully, so one of the safety switches remained open. In the two part type units like you have, often both parts must be fully assembled on the base even if you are only using one part. The other fault I've seen in high power food processors is some part of the electrical circuit burn out, such as a poor quality internal connector.

They are often not the easiest of things to open up, if you are not familiar with repairing such appliances. Also, you will likely need a security screwdriver, and often the security bit sets are useless because the screwhead is well recessed down a thin hole, and there may well be some well hidden screws too.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Then you might find a motor fault, either a short which has popped the thermal cut out or a brush disintegration or comutator wear. If it is one of those then unless you can locate the source of motors, its probably a brick and can be thrown away, sadly. I had a Shredder that went that way. I don't think they make motors like they used to. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff