Home Cinema - Sub woofer Cable

Just doing the speaker wires before plasterboard is fitted and had a thought about sub woofer cable. If I'm going from a 7.1 face plate to an architrave sub/speaker wall/faceplate I guess I don't need a cable with proper ends made up? Wondering what type of co-ax I should use if indeed that is all it is?

Cheers Pete

Reply to
0345.86.86.888

It's pretty awkward stuff to work with though - especially where space it tight like in a flush AV wall outlet.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have a roll of RG59 left over but as you say it's going to be a squeeze into an architrave wall plate with 2 speaker posts in there too.

I've just found half a drum of 4 pair screened used in a days gone by for making RS232 leads.

I suppose that would be just as good if I can get it into the trunking?

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

It's very unlikely any common cable has a capacitance etc that would make any difference with modern equipment on domestic runs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)