Hole Saw Size For Bath Taps .?

To avoid me taking off my bath taps and measuring the tail can someone tell me the outside diameter of the tail so I know which size holesaw to buy to drill my new bath .?.............Any tips for doing this ....I'm proposing to protect the bath with masking tape before I drill the holes ( carefully..lol) ...Anyone done this before ...was it o.k. ?

Stuart .

Reply to
Stuart

I should have said .I presume 3/4 "

Reply to
Stuart

Have you the bath yet? All the ones I have seen have the holes pre drilled.

Reply to
Broadback

Use hole saw with central drill bit. Choose piece of wooden plank that is thicker than the distance between the tip of the central drill bit and the hole saw cutting blade. Drill hole in plank with hole saw. Clamp plywood to bath with hole in desired location. Place hole saw in planken hole and cut hole for taps. Not much can go wrong if you do that. If you dont want to use the plank, drill successively larger holes for the central drill bit, so the hole centre will not wander. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

The major diameter of 3/4" bsp is 1.041"

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Just done the very same thing myself, I used a 32mm Starret hole saw with a central pilot drill. I marked the hole centres on a piece of masking tape stuck to the bath (for clarity of markings that's all). I then drilled the holes, firstly with a 5mm drill bit and then did the final holes with the Starret saw and pilot drill. As it was a VERY expensive bath (in proportion) I was a bit 'scared' at first but it all went well and the bath is now installed.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Exactly the same here, just used an average hole saw. Practising lots of times on the old bath helps to perfect the technique and check the hole size is good.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I do have the bath . It is becoming common for baths to have no holes so people can put the taps along the side of the bath .

Reply to
Stuart

Thx for the tips guys ..

Stuart .