Bath Tap Hole Cutting

Has anyone got some advice on the best way top cut holes out for my ne

bath? It has come without pre cut holes,So was looking for the best way t deal with this? thank

-- Adifinn33

Reply to
Adifinn33

hi, the best way is use a hole saw, mark the hole positions with pencil, bore a small pilot hole in the center, put tape down to protec edges, take your time

-- pacer

Reply to
pacer

Depends whether it's made of plastic or cast iron - or something in between!

What *is* it made of?

Reply to
Set Square

It will depend on the material.

However taking a step back from the immediate problem you might consider a) Whether this was the right bath to have chosen? b) Use taps that are set into the wall and over the bath?

HTH

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Buy the right sized starrett cutter and arbor, it won't matter what the material, it will be cut. The hole cutter kit that screwfix sell will have what you need.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Not sure how well the SF cutters would cope with an enamelled steel bath. And even if they did, they may chip the enamel beyond the bit covered by the tap base.

As someone else said, it there are no holes, it's possibly designed to use wall-mounted taps rather than having them fixed to the bath.

Reply to
Set Square

Use wall mounted taps, as the bath designer intended.

Reply to
Rob Morley

...And then think very seriously if you should be doing the job (?).

;)

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

My daughter's new & very large whirlpool bath came like this. Apparently holes were not predrilled because of the wide variety of options available when it comes to taps. Her bath is thick fibreglass and the guy from the suppliers simply cut the holes with a decent quality holesaw of the appropriate size once she had chosen her taps. I later fitted the taps without any problems. Just make sure you measure the centres, etc at least twice before putting saw to bath!

John Miller

Reply to
John Miller

"Measure twice, cut once" - is that written in large letters inside the front cover of the UKDIY FAQ?

Reply to
Rob Morley