Hob installation - ventilation

Hi,

I've just fitted a built in hob in my new kitchen.

I rang up the plumber today to arrange for him to connect to the gas up, and double checked with him the requirements for ventilation.

Apparently, as the room is between 5m2 and 10 m2, I need a 50 cm2 ventilator to the outside world, as I have an outside opening window, but no outside opening door, as per bs5440 part 2.

I've done a search of google, but I can't find anywhere that sells a

50cm2 ventilator, only much bigger ones.

I'd rather get one as small as possible to reduce noise/ drafts etc.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Reply to
xscope

9 x 3 brick shaped set would be just under, a 125mm core vent would be just over. The baffled air core (AC7HM) is 50.44cm2, which is probably as close as you'll get!

They sell direct if you phone them, and are very helpful and efficient.

auctions

9 x 3 brick shaped set would be just under, a 125mm core vent would be just over. The baffled air core (AC7HM) is 50.44cm2, which is probably as close as you'll get!

They sell direct if you phone them, and are very helpful and efficient.

A very good site. I have bookmarked that one.

However, gas appliance ventilation must be permanent, that is not hit or miss or capable of being shut off or reduced.

It must be fully open at all times (and insect screens are not permitted).

Turn to the plumbing page for suitable vents.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

Thanks - I'll give them a call in the morning

Reply to
xscope