Hide, not repair, scratch on plastic screen

I bought a music keyboard at the weekend for the kids, and one of them has already put a slight scratch on the plastic cover over the LCD screen (a Yamaha PSR295). It's in an awkward position, right where you need to look most often and its very distracting. I don't want to repair the scratch as it'll probably get a lot more soon, but I want to hide it somehow. Is there anything I can use to fill in the scratch, at least enough to round out the sharp edges so it doesn't glint in the light? Or perhaps it is very easy to repair a scratch (it's not deep), I don't know as I've never done it before and there are loads of posts that say to use weird stuff like toothpaste which sounds a bit brutal to me.

Reply to
kojjy

You used to be able to get some stuff to repair scratches in CD's. It had the same refractive index as the CD plastic and you rubbed it in and polished it off. I bought some and used it (with come success) on some CD's that had been mistreated (ie I had about 4 that were unplayable and restored to to a playable state). It might very well do just what you asked. Unfortunately it was a while ago and I can't remember what it was called.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

There is a product called "Displex" that might work for you, it's apparently meant for mobile phone screens...

Lee

Reply to
Lee

I don't know how big this screen is, but some PDA or similar screen protectors might save further damage.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Thanks, but one of the kids just knocked the keyboard off it's stand so now it's not just one small scratch on the screen but a load of scratches on the body as well. That's some sort of mottled grey fleck that I doubt is possible to fix at all. Oh well...

Reply to
Kooky45

Sounds like he's more in need of some gaffa tape to tie the kids down with

Reply to
raden

So fix it securely to the floor or wall (the kid, not the keyboard).

Reply to
Rob Morley