Help With Trap

We have a few rats in the garden and have bought a Monarch Live Capture Rat Trap. It is the second one down on this page:

is not working too well. The rats dive in and out of the right-hand side and only a couple of medium sized rats have been heavy enough to lower the flap in the middle.

I have been trying to devise a way of putting a trap door at the entry point on the right-hand side or fixing something on that I could yank remotely to keep the little blighters in the trap.

Anyone got any suggestions to adapt this trap please? (No poison suggestions please as we have a lot of wildlife)

Reply to
Had Enough

Have you contacted the suppliers? They seem proud of their products, and might offer some ideas or a replacement for you.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Just as a matter of interest, what are you going to do with the rats once you have caught them?

Dave

Reply to
gort

The message from gort contains these words:

Give them a good stern talking to?

Reply to
Guy King

Wish it was that easy. We have only caught 2 so far and they have been taken about 10-15 miles away in different directions and released in woodland areas not too close to residential areas. Can't use poison and can't clobber them to death so don't know any alternatives! Although it is illegal to release squirrels back to the wild, seems it is ok for rats for some unfathomable reason!

Reply to
Had Enough

The message from "Had Enough" contains these words:

That seems excessive. They're vermin - kill 'em.

Reply to
Guy King

I deduce they might be vegetarian/vegan and this might be against their principles. Either that, or they're a bit squeamish!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

The message from "Christian McArdle" contains these words:

So - eat the vegans.

Reply to
Guy King

Nah, they're probably all tough string and bone with all those chickpeas and carob. Give me nicely fattened up carnivore on the barbie any day.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

"Christian McArdle" typed

But don't eat the liver...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

The message from Helen Deborah Vecht contains these words:

Remind me to take you with me next time I crash on a snowy mountain so you can advise me what bits of you to eat.

Reply to
Guy King