Old (large) bath wastes

Hi, I'm refurbishing the original cast-iron bath in my house. The waste is corroded (and there is rust around the "hole" in the bath it sits in). I've bought a new, 1.5" waste but the original is closer to 2.5".

A neighbour (plumber) said that the 1.5" will fit, "with a bit of silicone" but I'd rather not bodge it, and it doesn't look good!

Does anyone know where to buy bath wastes to fit old sized holes? The hole dimension is about 2.5" and the "rim" in which the waste sits goes up to 2.75".

thanks, Nathan

Reply to
Nathan Critchlow-Watton

If I remember correctly they are 2" BSP as are genuine Butler sink wastes, and they are all the rage these days so the waste fitting should be arround also.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

thanks, I'll keep looking for them then.

Nathan

Reply to
Nathan Critchlow-Watton