help with pub quiz needed

What sort of screwdriver do you use to put nails into wood?

A- A Birmingham one.

Reply to
Peter Parry

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 18:44:48 +0000, Nick coalesced the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension...

My favourite is "What is the legal age for drinking alcohol?" A 18 B 21 C 60

The answer is of course C.

Reply to
Graham.

Interesting! In Lincolnshire (in the 70s) it was a Manchester screwdriver

Reply to
mailbin

If you would like to provide a clue to a working email, I'm happy to share one I put together for a Quiz which got cancelled. You might find a couple of suitable rounds, or ideas for rounds.

Steve

Reply to
newshound

Q. Frenchman - A.bricklayer Q. Dutchman - A.cabinet maker/woodworker NOT carpenter Q. Noggin - A.Carpenter Q. Hawk - A. Plasterer Q. Priest - A. Fisherman

Reply to
Bob Minchin

This isn't a big cash prize quiz. We don't cheat.

TW

Reply to
TimW

Thanks Steve, as in the from field eg snipped-for-privacy@mysurname.me.uk and my surname is Whittingham.

That's my anonymity blown for all time round here.

TW

Reply to
TimW

These are great. Thanks, both.

Reply to
TimW

a rip, slater / roofer a scratch stock, cabinet maker / woodworker a fad, french polisher a float, plasterer a drift, machine operator / mechanic a mattock, gardener a three piece gland, electrician a krone tool, network/telecoms wireman a dead centre, lathe operator a paternoster, angler

Reply to
John Rumm

All of the above?

Reply to
alan_m

even counting china and russia?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Five.

Reply to
Nightjar

Russia is 1st

USA is 3rd China is 4th

tim

Reply to
tim...

I guess its all about where you define national boundaries.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , TimW writes

Join the club:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Yes five is right.

Reply to
harry

Is there any significant land area that is in dispute? Sufficient to change the order, I mean. Those little tiny islands the Chinese have built won't make any difference.

Reply to
GB

What if a term is used in more than one trade or profession? (Paternoster is a kind of lift, for a start.)

Reply to
Max Demian

the quizmaster urges everyone to calm down and have a noggin before anyone gets their noggin knocked in with a nogging[1]?

[1] traditional spelling for the carpentry sense
Reply to
Robin

and what would be the issues here?

which disputed boundary affects any of these countries (except for Tibet which would make China smaller not larger)

I have now found a second list putting China above the USA

but either way Russia is first, Canada is second

tim

Reply to
tim...