Help with Bosch Oven not heating

Hi All,

My bosch fan oven has went on the blink. The digital time works but thats about it. When you turn it on the fan at the back dosen't come on, the light dosne't come on and it dosen't heat up. I think there must be a fan in the top that cant be seen cause i can feel air coming through the top.

Whats the most likely fault. - Was looking at a oven repair site and it suggests generally a faulty fan oven element.

Any help appreciated as my CH just went on the blink as well this week...(luckily covered by BG)

Cheers

Joe.

Reply to
Joe

Luckily???

Good luck!

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I was just about to say that :-p

To the OP: BG will probably say that you need a new boiler and they will fit one for ????, yes it will be four figures, normally between £1800 and £2500.

After they've broken the bad news, ring a *competent* plumber and ask him to have a look at the boiler, he will probably have it running for less than £150, meanwhile cancel the DD to BG.

Reply to
Phil L

Thanks for utterly useless replies guys. I'm sure if everyone was as clued up as you with CH then BG cease to exist.

Reply to
Joe

Sorry, but it's true. BG couldn't even change a ball valve in our header tank properly - had to call them back with water pouring through the ceiling.

When the boiler died (and I suspect they edged it on its way) they quoted 3800 to replace it. I had the same work (more actually) done by a reliable local guy for 1900.

Reply to
Bob Eager

wasnt about that...

Reply to
Joe

Don't mention it.

Reply to
Phil L

up as you with CH then BG cease to exist.

Wow. Nice comback - you must be the life of the party down your dominoes club.

Reply to
Joe

*plonk*
Reply to