Help! sink Drain plug

I have a toilet sink with one of those push drain plugs, push to close (then push again, it pops up to drain)

It has locked in the closed position and wont pop back up. Trying to access from drain pipe but cant loosen the plastic pipe (awkward) Any suugestions? I tried the vacuum cleaner to try suction but not enough.

Reply to
SS

duck tape put o so you can pull from the cetre no the edge of the tape?

Reply to
TMC

If it's the kind that has some height adjustment by turning the mechanism, it sometimes works to 'unscrew' the plug from the top - just push it down slightly and turn it anti-clockwise. That will either adjust the mechanism so that it can be popped as normal, or it might unscrew the whole thing from its base so it can lift out.

andrew

Thin knife blade?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes that should easily do the trick. Then adjust the screw on the bottom of the plug.... if there is still a screw there ..

Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Now sorted, I coudnt get a thin blade in to prise it but a rapid tapping with a wooden handle finally made it pop up I have now cleaned the inner part and all is well again.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Reply to
SS