Help please Moving Aga Cooker

Why have to reposted this erroneous information after two days?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk writes

I can tell you how my father did it

He left a stone hot water bottle containing water and the stopper screwed in, in the top oven and forgot about it

Your imagination can prolly supply the rest of the details

Reply to
geoff

I moved one intact a few years back with the help of my brother in law.

I striped off the doors Hobs and Hob covers to lighten it

Then with crowbars and rollers got it out off the house. To get it on a trailer we used an engine lift.

Once its on rollers it moves very easily despite its weight .

You need to check any floors your going to roll it over as it weighs a lot.

Alternately there are people who will move it for a fee. they come apart and reassemble OK. One person can do it. You need to replace/top up some bits like the insulation which get lost/damaged in transit

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Must do otherwise you'd have condensation in the flue and corrosion in the stove. That's the whole point of condensing boilers: they're designed to withstand that whereas conventional appliances aren't.

Reply to
John Stumbles

The flue is double skinned and insulated.

The amount of heat is in the < 1kW range for most of the time.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Actually Terry, as a chemist I can tell you heatin food is not all the same, Aga's produce much less air flow and this prevents the food from drying out. Your fan will make your food lose moisture and taste different. What have you got against Aga's anyway?

Reply to
alfshead

Years ago we were tasked to remove a very old, very heavy, fire proof filing cabinet. We had lots of experience doing this with a sack trolley. ( It can be tricky holding the balance of the trolley ) It had to be taken out via the lobby which had a ceramic tiled floor. As it crossed the floor constant cracking could be heard and on looking back the track of the two wheels had been faithfully been recorded. Fortunately the building was due for demolition

Reply to
fred

Its a simple job to dismantle one. The two hotplates just lift out, beware the fire barrel one is "B" heavy. The most difficult bit is removing the four chrome disks that cover the top plate retaining bolts. From then on in its just a case of lifting away the sections.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Fascinating to ?see? men arguing the merits of an AGA! Woul dn?t be without mine :)

Reply to
Chukka1