help me find one of these.....

Hello all,

We have some wooder "steamer style" deck chairs, one of which has a bust handle. The brass pivot bolt has sheared off. Problem is I have no idea where to find a new one, everywhere I go, they shrug and wander off.

Essentially it is a tube of brass with a screw head at wither end, inside is a thread, and one of the ends screws off to reveal that it is a bolt. So essentailly it is a brass cylindrical nut, thats 56mm long, with a screw head at either end. It joins the arm of the chair and needs to pivot as the chair is folded.

Does any of this make sense??

If anyone has seen one or at least knows what to call it, then I'd be grateful!

Cheers Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

Wrong size so you'll have to substitute a longer bolt:

dom

What diameter is it? Screwfix do Inter-screws like this,

but they may not be long enough. You could probably use a longer screw with the barrel.

Failing that, does it *have* to be this sort of fixing - or would an ordinary bolt with a nylok nut do the job?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Ship chandler?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Thanks all, I reckon a M10 coach bold should now do the trick!

Cheers Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert