Heartwarming story about good old British Gas

15, and he is still smaller than me. I dont think he is the brightest spark, as it was quite obvious who had drilled the holes, yet he said it was me when I put the carpet down! Alan.
Reply to
A.Lee

ROFLO, perhaps he was attempting to become a bright *spark* - literally?!

Reply to
:Jerry:

Proper conduit isn't going to stop a hardened steel masonry pin.

Reply to
dennis

Oh dear.......

Scholarship for the University of Life needed I think....

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:19:23 +0100, "dennis@home" mused:

Assuming proper conduit means heavy gauge galavnised then it might not stop it but you'd know you were hammering through it.

Reply to
Lurch

You might notice it was different assuming you had driven in hardened steel pins before.

Reply to
dennis

The message from "dennis@home" contains these words:

The question is have you ever tried to drive a hardened steel pin into thick walled galvanised steel conduit (or even the old fashioned plain steel variety). I don't think you would have a hope in hell of doing anything other than shattering the pin, which is easy enough to do even with hard brick.

Reply to
Roger

Isn't the point that it would provide a path to earth?

AJH

Reply to
AJH