He's got some balls that bloke

One of the things I was doing was replacing the odd cracked tile, although the bulk of the job was stripping back to the rafters to replace the felt which had also failed after the resulting water running down it rotted it. The no-name 1970 concrete tiles took my weight fine, but the nearest Marley ones I could find for replacements cracked every time if you stood on them.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In article , Bill scribeth thus

TX wasn't powered up when he was working on it?...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , somebody scribeth thus

Yes they do that they have a bit that comprises of a long lump of webbing which is stitched together and the weight of the falling body tears this apart.

Of course your rate of fall may vary depending on, well, your weight!...

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , John writes

I thought haggises (haggi?) had three legs.

They must be terrorists these days as they're prohibited from entering the USA in their prepared form. See

John

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Indeed, I went parachuting one weekend, even looked on as they carried one woman to an ambulance with a fairly serious leg injury, then hopped in the plane and fell 5,000ft no problems at all. The following Saturday I was on Dartmoor, when I slipped off a rock less than a foot high, ended up using a tent pole as a walking stick, to get the several painful miles to a road, found out on the Monday at hospital that I had broken my ankle, I guess the black/purple bruising should have given me a clue!

Reply to
Vernon

Not according to Newton.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

LoL - but the effect on your body of interfacing with the ground will do.

Reply to
Si

In article , Andrew Gabriel scribeth thus

No but he wasn't restrained;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , Bill writes

They sound like *deck shoes* intended for yachtsmen. Good grip without damaging the varnish.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

.. or wellingtons.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That seems to me to be exactly the same scenario :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Falling still would not be the problem its the hitting the ground that hurts

Paul

Reply to
Paul

He walked *down* the slope to the *ridge*?

Was the architects name Escher?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I knew someone who fell from 750feet (before the days of harnesses) The people in the hospital didn't believe him. He'd landed on another aerial 30 feet lower and bent it. His firm got the bill for the repairs.

Reply to
<me9

In article , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net scribeth thus

Bloody amazing!.. where did that happen then?..

If your permitted to say publicly that is!...

Reply to
tony sayer

He should have prayed for rain. ;-)

Reply to
George

A guuy fell off the 42nd floor of some Trump building in New York recently. He survived by hitting the 40th floor.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

In message , tony sayer writes

No, he didn't notice where the sparks from his angle grinder were going!

Reply to
Bill

Deck shoes typically have a flat rubber sole with "razor cuts" in them.

It already occurred to my that my dinghy boots would be a good choice next time I'm up there!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Read what is written, I didn't the first time either... B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice