HDD trouble

<snip>

What I normally do is use Gparted from a LiveUSB/DVD to create a new MSDOS partition table (or whatever it calls it) and leave it at that.

Then I boot from the real OS (assuming you can etc) and then use that to create the partitions and format them etc.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
8<

I could tell you but as you won't actually believe me you will have to investigate what background process go on on HDDs yourself.

Reply to
dennis

What numbers are those?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The actual device numbers/names in /dev.

Reply to
Bob Eager