halogen downlighters with rear access

Has anyone seen any recessed halogen downlighters which are relamped from the rear? I have a situation where these would be rather ideal, and whilst access to the backs of the fittings would be quite easy, access to the fronts below the ceiling would be rather difficult (high up and too narrow to lean a ladder).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Some of the Aurora downlights can be relamped from the rear. Mainly it is the ones in the 300 series

(indoor>downlights>halogen) that allow this. NB I said "can be" not "designed to be".

Ideally you could do with a little glue on the lock ring (as opposed to the usual spring clip) that holds the lamp in place to stop it being turned as you change the lamp although if you are carefull then you probably need no glue.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Our fixed halogen downlights can be relamped from the rear.

See:

above, they use lock rings, and a little glue may make sense (must be high temperature glue!).

Happy to send you a pics of the fitting.

Regards - Jack

Reply to
stopbox