H&S gone mad

It has, but H&S insisted they be rounded ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I'm extremely keen on football, in fact the most recent match I went to was in 1958. The most recent match I watched on TV was the 66 world cup final. I'm a real fan. I'll bet our rodney has a programme from the 1066 debacle between Sheffield Wednesday and the Bayeux Tapestry at Stamford Bridge (he was prolly there).

Reply to
brass monkey

The *only* sporting fixture I have attended in entirity (apart from school sportsday) was an american football match at Wembley (mate had spare ticket).

Try that for boredom... 2 minutes of action, then they huddle and yap about it!

This is why cheeleaders, beer and hotdogs are important - and you probably cannot do the lastone here...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yes. But league matches require you to be there even if the floods are not going to be used.

Less than 100 people there and at least 10 stewards on duty:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Who in their right minds watches football?

That's 33 more than I've been to. In my entire life.

Reply to
Huge

22m people in this country watched the Portugal vs England match in 2004:-)
Reply to
ARWadsworth

Wow you are keen, you must have been to several more than me.

Reply to
Pete Shew

LOL, actually, the match in 58 was the only time I ever went to a football match :)

22 overpaid bods chasing a bladder around, nah.
Reply to
brass monkey

Ergo, 38 million didn't.

Reply to
Huge

Except that's not only the most recent, it's the only football match I've ever watched. I think one in a lifetime is quite sufficient.

Reply to
Huge

And knock off the non English from the 38 million (although the Scots probably watched and cheered for Portugal) along with those too young to watch and those with no mental capacity. That's still a lot of viewers.

Only 5 weeks to the Euro 2012. I cannot wait.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Whatever that is.

I do not give a damn.

Reply to
Huge

I'm sure that if there was a problem the club would rather have someone 'competent' there to look after the lights rather than letting some numpty from the crowd loose with an electrical screwdriver.

But maybe that's too sensible an answer.

Reply to
OG

Euro 2012? That's part of a train timetable.

Reply to
brass monkey

Reply to
Jim Newman

Yoku Manabi Yoku Asobu???

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

And me!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I was taken to a football match in about 1960 (Brighton and Hove Albion). Wasn't impressed. And I watched the World Cup final in 1966 (because I had no choice at all).

That's it.

Reply to
Bob Eager

They're changing the currency, again?

Reply to
Pete Shew

I "saw" a match there, must have been 1955 or so. In the standing part so couldn't see an effing thing.

Reply to
Tim Streater