GU10 LED - From Homebase

I have just bought some GU10 spots - 11.99 for 2. Identical size to halogens.

Look good. Dimmable or not. Cool or warm.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

What watts? SMDs or capsulated (lumpy bumpy appearance)

Been getting mine off ebay £25 for 10. Not the brightest possibly but def initely ok so far. Running in open fittings so not cooking em, tho have one in a fire rated do wnlighter but not left on long term so nothing to report.

Have 20 here & there & no failures or faults so far

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Jim K wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Found it:

Packaging claims 220 lumens

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Jim K wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I bought them to replace 4 in a fiting. The trouble is - the fitting is fed by a touch/remote dimmer and it needs a bit of resistive load - it wouldn't turn all 4 off. I have had to only replace 3 halogens and leave one in. Still a saving of energy though.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Costco are offering a duo pack of 350 lumen ones for £11.38

50w GU10 LED replacement bulbs. Use 6.5 watts. Last 27.4 years.
Reply to
Ericp
.

Even better. Must stop buying on the spur of the moment!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

On Friday 18 October 2013 18:46 DerbyBorn wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Please report back in 6 months if they are still working :)

27.4 years my ****
Reply to
Tim Watts

I changed 6 Halogen type GU10 bulbs for fluorescent ones off eBay = (GUF10) advertised as 7W but they run very hot and I just cannot believe = they are only 7W feels more like at least 20-30W from the heat. Anyone = else had a similar expeirence? I might even take one apart to see if its = really fluorescent or just a fake and is really a filament type!

Mitch

Bought a pack of two 5W LED candle lamps from Costco a few months ago, to try out in a light fitting. They've worked very well, and give out more light than the 28W candle lamps in it at the moment (even though those claim a higher lumen output).

So went back to get a lot more, only to find they don't have them anymore :-(

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Andrew, did I get a good deal, or did I get a good deal?

They wanted to charge me £16 at the till but their shelf edge label clearly showed it as £3.50 so I took a member of staff to see, and they let me have it at the reduced price.

There was a suggestion made that the offer had officially expired. It was the only one on display.

There was a BC version next to it, but the SEL referred to the ES one so I didn't push my luck.

It's a bit of a mystery, I can't find any reference online to this offer, historic, or otherwise.

Needless to say it's a superb lamp.

Reply to
Graham.

Yup - 240,000h! An order of multitude more than the usual claim.

Reply to
PeterC

Mine are all going strong five plus years later. I have about 15 bought fro m a number of suppliers to vary the colour slightly.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Quite. I bought 4 GU10 LEDs. Only one lasted more than two years. And that one flickers.

Reply to
Mark

They're back in stock now - got the extras required.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel