GU10 incompatibility

Needing to replace some lights in the kitchen, I got some arrays of 4 LED spots using GU10 mains compatible alledgely dimmable lamps.

Neeldess to say several flickered and after about 100 hours two bulbs died.

I had bought 20 odd dimmable GU10s online and tried to replace them. One I managed, but the other simply will not tiurnm to click in place.

Anyone got any ideas what this cheap chinese shit is up to?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well might be a good idea to side by side compare, it might just be a small burr somewhere that can be filed off. Cheap plastic mouldings are the usual culprit. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If you know it is cheap shit, why buy it?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I got mine (all GU10) in B&Q their dial/dail range dimmable warm white the y work OK in a dimmer designed to dim LED lights, although some on her clai m any dimemr can dim LEDs. Think they have been in use for about 1 year now no problems, I have 2 LEDs and 4 halogen in the 6 way light. In a bedroom I have 3 cool white dimmabl e LEDs on a LED dimmer for the last 2 years no problems. I have a 4 way soptlight thing in the kitchen with 4 dimmable LEDs with a L ED dimmer again no problems in 2-3 years, but these weren't DAIL and they w ouldn;t fit in the front room 6 way lights they were about 2mm too short, t he pins never properly engaged the sockets, because the bulbs had 'wings' o r rather fins that stopped the bulb from being able to sit properly in the holders.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Now that would seem to be a possible reason

I think I will find alternative GU10s

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I borrowed a spare GU190 0 from me frind and it fitted.

So it's the piece of shit lamps that dont dim, don't last and don't fit.

Why they dont say on the website 'these dimmable lanps don't really dim, and they fail in the first 200 hours, and they dont always fit the sockets' mystifies me ;-)

Ah well. Chalk that one up to experience

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Probably cos they bought them from Arfur Daleys successor and now are stuck with incompatible rubbish. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff