Grrr. Microsoft edge installs new version withut asking

Just be HTML5-compliant and everything will be peachy.

Reply to
Tim Streater

If you are not interested in Windows issues don't f****ng read threads where the subject is clearly identified as being to do with Windows.

It's not rocket science.

Reply to
mm0fmf

Who said I wasn't interested in them? And you're right, it isn't rocket science, see below.

Reply to
Tim Streater

and nothing you want to do will be possible....

And I am afraid even that doesn't work in many cases. Every single browser has different css 'defaults', and every OS has different font sets.

Barclays Bank even managed to break all linux browsers completely, even though *the same browsers* worked on windows, even when the right fixes were applied to make them send the same messages as a windows browser and lie about their platforms.

That *really* took some doing

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So specify more default values explicitly and do more testing.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Still doesn't work Too many variables

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks. Certainly in the past I had issues with sites being incompatible with Edge. I have never encountered such issues with Chrome.

Reply to
Scott

I do keep another browser, Brave which is also fast in loading, so it claims giving the time it takes to load and mentioning how quick it is comparing to others

Reply to
Gopalan Sampath

Nope. My Ccleaner v 4.14 has never updated. Remove the tick from the box to check for updates in Options/settings IIRC newer versions than mine might have a second tick box elsewhere in the settings.

Reply to
wasbit

Edge with the all dark blue "e" icon is the old version, and the one with the blue and green icon is the new Chromium based one.

Reply to
John Rumm