Grr.

Made up a dimmer. Requirement was three LED dimmers and an on/off switch. So made one up on a 2-Gang blank plate, V-Plus modules and matching switch, and knobs - all from TLC.

The blank plate flat metal, so as thin as they come.

If you push the knobs on fully, the push switches no longer work. Either the shafts too short, or the knobs too deep.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

and there I was, thinking you're shallow.

Reply to
Richard

Odd, I made up a v-pro dimmer on a blank MK logic+ plate (thicker than a metal plate for sure) and the push on/off had enough depth to work properly.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Blue tack inside the knob. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Since they had slots, likely to just squeeze out the sides? Small washers did it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I've used steel nuts. A little less fiddly but not so fine grained.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Did try that but the knobs stuck out a bit too far.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Was that a TLC knob? And was it pushed on fully - they are quite tight, and worked OK to begin with.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

No, I think the knob came with the v-pro

Reply to
Andy Burns

Doesn't help you (sorry!) but I needed a combo of a switch and a dimmer for the kitchen so used the LAP grid system via Screwfix - was very impressed. Pity the brushed metal face plate didn't match the screwless sockets elsewhere in the kitchen but a small price to pay.

Reply to
Kevin Holohan

Ah - I wanted chrome ones listed below the dimmers on the TLC page.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

If I'd been happy with something that didn't match I could have save both money and time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News