Grout pens?

How good are they? What's the finish like? Is it waterproof? Do you need them at all if you're painting your tiles white?

al

Very good.

Not too bad. Managed to completely cover black ink that had been spilt and stained white grout. It doesn't quite match the rest of the grout but It's not too noticeable.

Don't know.

I wouldn't have thought so. You paint the grout as well.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I found an electric toothbrush (with toothpaste) very good for this sort of thing. YTMV.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I presume that the original grout and the pen are both white?

If so then I recently rejuvinated my grout by covering in neat bleach. It's surprsingly sparing on the bleach as well because the vertical runs guide a tiny amount of bleach all the way to the tray and a toothbrush dipped in bleach can be run along the horizontals. Left it on for 20 minutes or so then rinsed with lots of water.

I did have to scrub at some of the darker areas first, but for general 'brightness' the whole thing now dazzles!

Having shared this with you I'm now utterly convinced that someone is going to now tell me that bleach reacts with grout and my house will fall down in three weeks time...

Reply to
Fitz

I hope it was the wife's toothbrush you found!!!!

Reply to
Paul-S8

Actually, it was an Aldi toothbrush, also available was a number of coloured brushes. I just stick a yellow one on when cleaning stuff, and do not use yellow for teeth.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Well, you joke, but.... ah well, dont worry, enjoy life :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222