Gritting drives and lanes

I think winter tyres could be my (slightly late) Christmas present to myself.

Too true - the traffic news rarely operates at weekends regardless of how much it might be needed. But to be fair, on Monday it was still going past midnight. But no mention of the overnight shelter available (several supermakets, John Lewis, and others let people stay overnight)

- and that could have been vitally important to people. And pretty damned close to zero about the town.

Reply to
Rod

You should try BBC Berkshire. The DJs may be idiots (and don't understand RDS), but the traffic news was pretty good.

Not that it helped me much, on the M4 for 3 hours between 8/9 and 10...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Radio kept jumping around the various stations - 3CR, Oxford, London, Surrey, FMT, Berks - at least I think that was them!

I heard lots about the M4 round Slough and Maidenhead, and that the M40 was very slow, but really did not expect it to go from slow but passable on the M40 to absolutely stationary with most roads impassable in Wycombe.

Reply to
Rod