Grinding burr

Anyone know where they sell them? The usual suspects Screwfix, Toolstation, Selco have drawn a blank. They look like router bits, but with a little conical (usually) grindstone on the end.

Reply to
Onetap

Do you need one that's meatier than the Dremel ones?

Reply to
Andy Burns

=20

Preferably, but any one. I don't have a Dremel, they seem to sell the tools= in sets.

I've found what I want in Radiospares, but I'm not paying =A320+ each.

Reply to
Onetap

Selco have drawn a blank. They look like router bits, but with a little conical (usually) grindstone on the end.

Any good?

?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f0d2f03cf

Reply to
ss

Toolstation, Selco have drawn a blank. They look like router bits, but with a little conical (usually) grindstone on the end.

Yes, the second one should do it. I need to chamfer a steel edge where an angle grinder won't fit.

Reply to
Onetap

Reply to
pcb1962

Halfords do a set of 'mounted stones' (to fit in a drill chuck) for under a fiver.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

These are the best things if you have a die grinder or something to use them in.

F Murtz

Ta, bought those. They look the same as the E-bay ones mentioned above.

Why didn't I think of Halfords in the first place?

Thanks all.

Reply to
Onetap

But, having tried to use them, utter crap for grinding MS. The periphery speed is far too low in a drill, you'd need a pneumatic die grinder.

The stones hardly scratched the steel, but the steel rapidly wore away the pointy bits on the stones.

I resorted to an angle grinder with no guard and a very worn disc, which I had been trying to avoid. It did the job though.

Reply to
Onetap

What sort of drill were you using?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Cordless, didn't work. Switched to a much faster mains drill. Still didn't work. Switched to angle grinder.

Reply to
Onetap

I've used them with a fast mains drill and found them just about ok. But they are fine stones so won't shift metal quickly. For that you want a true burr.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)