Oldham

What happened to Oldham saw blades or Viper router bits? Did they bite the dust? Did somebody buy them?

Viper router bits came up good is some comparison tests and I have some that have performed very well - I'd like to get some more. I see that Menard's still has them on display but this may be just selling off inventory.

Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks.

Tim

Reply to
Ellestad

Oldham/US Saw was bought in 2002 by Pentair, who was subsequently absorbed by B & D.

"Oldham Saw designs and manufactures router bits, circular saw blades, and related accessories for the do-it-yourself and professional power tool markets. Sold under the Oldham(R), Viper(R), United States Saw(R), and Hickory(TM) brand names, the company's products go to market via the home center, lumberyard, and hardware channels. Oldham Saw's private label products are sold to leading power tool manufacturers, including Pentair's Porter-Cable and Delta units. Oldham Saw holds the leading share in the router bit category, and holds the second place position in the circular saw blade category in North America. " MDM 10/02

That was then, this is now...

Reply to
DG

Yeah, I've picked up a couple at Menard's as well. But the selection is quite limited. I did see special order forms for the Viper bits at Home Depot a few months ago right by all the router stuff. I think they will ship them right to your home address too. I haven't tried it, but the list of bits available looked extensive.

JJ

Ellestad wrote:

Reply to
JJ

Actually, Pentair is still alive, well, and a publically traded company, with stock symbol PNR, independent of B&D. Pentair sold off their Delta tools holdings to Black and Decker several years ago.

Mark & Juanita

You are right. In a 2 second attempt to proof that paragraph, I changed "and" to "who" and totally changed the meaning. My bad...

Reply to
DG