Grinder adapter

I have a 6" bench grinder ... and occasionally would like to have a polishing machine ...

Has anybody used one of these:

(Do polishers run as same speed as grinders ? )

Reply to
rick

yes they do

Depends if the internal thread on the pigtail adaptor is the same as that on your grinder.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

When I was a lad I considered the "polishing" end of the big, double ended grinder and polisher in the metalwork shop at school to be the most scary of the tools we were allowed to use unsupervised. You

*definitely* didn't want to get loose clothing anywhere near them. I still remember it grabbing hold of my nice brass paperknife and flinging it at the wall behind while I was trying to polish the central part as we had been instructed. (Held at each end with thumbs, fists resting on bench underneath but at each side of the buffing wheel).
Reply to
newshound

OK ... worth getting one .........

Anybody familiar with metal polishing ... i.e.which type of cloth wheel I need and what colour compound ?

Want to polish stainless steel initially ... propellers

Reply to
rick

Tripoli is suggested for Stainless steel. Most wheels seem to be calico or felt - not sure of the relative merits.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Do these have an internal female thread that screws onto the end of my grinder shaft ... or are they a slide over fit and held in place by grub screws ?

Reply to
rick

Which is why I suggested earlier that you need to check if it would fit your grinder. The ebay seller makes no mention of the fixing method.

Reply to
Bob Minchin