Good ideas from overseas (OT bit of fun)

The white line separating 1st and second lanes approaching motorway junctions has longer dashes than the others. So there is already a 'no a good idea to cross' marking which everyone ignores.

Reply to
djc

You mean like the existing hatched areas separating on and off slips, which the impatient and inattentive blithely ignore?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

That's just normal hazard warning lines. The M6 has some do not cross diamonds on it, which is ignored by people, like geof, who know better than everyone else.

Reply to
dennis

Obviously your local council doesn't believe in red light cameras

Reply to
alan

As with most things dense, just another example of you not having a clue

Reply to
geoff

I think ne means a line between lanes 1 and 2 (BICBW)

which will be ignored

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I believe in mud on the number plate.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Huh!

Having struggled round the Southern half of the M25 this evening (the major access points were backing up all 4/5 lanes) I'd make it a fence!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , geoff writes

Er.. without wishing any controversy, how many car lengths does it take for you or TNP to reach the outside lane after joining a motorway?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Tim Lamb writes

In my Land Rover - not many.

Reply to
bert

In message , Tim Lamb writes

Well, it rather depends on how safe it is to do so

At the end of the day, I'm a very careful driver, but this doesn't mean to say I don't drive in a positive way

normally somewhere between 0.5 and 1.5 ...

Reply to
geoff

No need to use water - just dry your hands on the towel.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , geoff writes

Safe for whom?

I am not criticising the vehicle handling competence of those who rely on the *non tailgating* gap to squeeze between vehicles travelling at 60 or so mph, but their lack of consideration for the impact this has on motorway users a mile or so back down the road.

Rolling speed limits reduce the accident risk but do nothing about the root cause which is a local *super density* of vehicles. Dennis and I promptly slow down to re-establish what we think is a safe following gap and send a wave of brake lights back down the road.

:-)

That must have been your black BMW/white Merc. then.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Would you like to give us your definition of "positive" ?

Reply to
Tim Streater

ME? I rarely make it to the fast lane these days.

I miss the Jag... that could do it in about 3..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And those blue bags that dog walkers carry?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

In message , Tim Streater writes

It's fairly pointless trying to explain such a concept to anybody who would actually ask such a question

Reply to
geoff

Oh, and snoot snoot to you too.

"Positive" to me sounds like you storm onto the motorway and sit one micron behind whoever is in whichever lane you happen to end up in. Fair summary?

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , Tim Streater writes

Which is why it is pointless trying to explain to someone like you

And no, I don't tailgate

Reply to
geoff