Golf ball lamps.

They were certainly bayonet in our theatre,

Reply to
charles

Brain fart, I meant opal.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Yes, best of both worlds. Fortunatly all the bathroom lights that I have that take Golfball lamps have an outer opalescent cover, so I can get away with the clear bare filament LED type - less light loss.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

SES makes for a much neater job all round. Not something you'd worry about in a theatre.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Care to explain that one? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Do I really have to? 2 opal layers are less transmissive than 1.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

I'd have thought if you have an outer cover, it would make more sense to use GLS cheaper lamps? Or even better a florrie?

The beauty of opal golfball lamps is they are attractive when off. If that matters to any.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News