Glueing dishwasher

Hi All,

I have a couple of cracks appearing in the casing on my dishwasher door, they are not in areas which seem to affect the integrity of the door to leaking water but all the same I would prefer to glue/seal them up before they get any worse. My query is, what sort of glue should I use that will be resistant to moderately hot temps and perhaps the occasional contact with water?

Thanks

Reply to
Endulini

I suspect that the cracks are appearing in the upper plastic molded section - where the controls are located? I have had this problem several times; and I can tell you that there's no permanent fix, any glue fails [ the heat I think ] and once the cracks appear, they keep forming and getting longer. You are going to have to bite the bullet, and replace the plastic molding. It's not a difficult job. The frustrating thing is getting the parts supplier to order in the right part for your machine.

John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

Reply to
jhewitt

First, drill a 1 mm hole at the end of the crack. This will prevent the crack from propagating any further.

If you want to cover/seal the crack, then I would suggest using a glue that model makers use for plastic. It's clear, so should not show up too much.

Dave

Reply to
Dave