glue for resin

My daughter had a life size model of a sheep given her. sadly it got broken into several peices in transit. It apears to be made from a resin, as it will (if repaired) stand in the garden any ideas as to the best adhesive to repait it? As the breaks are extensive a tube would not go far.

Reply to
Broadback

A real sheep would probably be cheaper than the adhesive.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

One pack of araldite will cover a lot of area. Is it solid or hollow?

Reply to
Newshound

Yes, but if the sheep is GRP, then it's almost certainly polyester resin and not epoxy. Epoxy should not be used to glue polyester because the bond formed is very weak.

Reply to
Grunff

I hope the sheep is in the back garden, or the OP's daughter is well away from a pub, otherwise late night revellers (piss artists) might decide to steal it, or try b*gg*ring it.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I thought the problem was that it already had been? :-)

Polyester resin. Repair kit (nasty, goes off too quickly) from car shops like Halfords.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Sounds like it's b*gg*r*d already?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Maybe try alt.base-jumping.sheep.bounce.bounce.bounce - I'm sure someone must have had the same problem there.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Stick it together with adhesive tape (Duct tape) except for one hole. Fill with expanding polyurethane foam (read

first) . Ideally use the two part buy with care the tins you buy in the likes of B&Q will do. Don't rush the job though - give each application of foam a good long time to reach maximum expansion before topping up. Leave for a day or three and remove the sticky tape, redecorate where necessary.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Epoxy resin will fix it.

Milliput is such, with filler and can be used to make good any missing bits, but I'd use straight epoxy for the repair.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher