Looking for PVC/Vinyl glue suitable for flexible vinyl

I know this exists, we got a tiny little tube of it with our water bed and it works well. It's just clear glue that welds the vinyl but doesn't dry hard.
However I can't find anything that's obviously right when I search. The trouble is that one gets loads of hits on vinyl flooring glue and also loads of hits on glue suitable for hard material (e.g. waste pipes).
I want a simple, one part, glue if at all possible and I need a fair amount of it (maybe 0.5 or 1 litre).
--
Chris Green
·

On 12/07/2016 18:10, Chris Green wrote:

Might sound odd, but kinky clothing manufacturers? Often little outfits (!) might be able to help.
--
Rod

Bison Vinyl Plastic Super Strong Waterproof Repair Adhesive Glue for PVC 25ml
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/281757633159?lpid 2&chn=ps&googleloc44964&poi=&campaignidb0865095&device=c&adgroupid'378760866&rlsatarget=pla-181484352546&adtype=pla&crdt=0

The above tube costs ?5.89 and that seems a general price on the Web.
I haven't knocked myself out looking for larger sizes though it would be interesting to know what you might need I litre for, given the potential cost as against other possible er' solutions
michael adams
I'll leave you to work out the cost of a litres worth

Maybe a litre is rather more than I need. I 200ml would be more like it. I want to join large sheets of pvc, that's all, with the result not being flat so I can't just buy a bigger sheet.
Yes, I found that Bison vinyl glue too, I suppose if nothing better (cheaper) turns up I can go with that.
--
Chris Green
·

I can find 20ml tubes at £6 or so but that seems rather pricey.
Does anyone know if the solvent weld for PVC pipes is actually the same stuff or do the 'flexible' versions have more plasticiser or something?
--
Chris Green
·

On 12/07/16 18:10, Chris Green wrote:

All PVC cement is is PVC dissolved in either MEK or acetone
PVC weld is just the MEK or acetone - I forget which they use.
so get PVC cement

I did just ask this later in the thread. So you are saying that solvent weld for PVC waste pipe is basically the same as stuff sold (at a *much* higher price) for mending water-bed mattresses and paddling pools?
--
Chris Green
·

On 12/07/16 21:33, Chris Green wrote:

I wiould think so
On 7/13/2016 11:00 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So would I. "Shoe Goo" is a thicker version (i.e. more pvc dissolved in the solvent). I would be inclined to use solvent weld adhesive together with a patch. But if (say) you needed to build up a fillet around an inflation valve attached to a thicker section of plastic, then shoe goo might be better.
You don't explain what you want it for, or why you want a lot. I believe that vinyl flooring glue is probably flexible when it sets. Google for "Altro Adhesive" for lots of products. Altro is the heavy duty flooring widely used in commercial premises including loos, kitchens, etc. (And very impressive stuff: one of my lads is putting it down in his bar, and it strikes me as being potentially suitable for domestic workshops, utility rooms, etc.).
On 7/12/2016 7:33 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

2 products you could use
Stormsure - used on many waterproof jobs, repaired wetsuits & drysuits - good & stretches well. Sold loads of paces on line, or any diving shop
Seam Grip .... similar stuff in different sized tubes, sold in Go Outdoors
I used to use a product called 'Vinyl Weld' on the rips & splits that happen on marine seating ... great stuff, but not seen it on sale for a while.

Yes, 'Vinyl Weld' is what I was remembering.
I've found what I need now, I think, 'STELMAX 1985 Adhesive'. It comes in a reasonably large 135gm tube and says that it works on flexible PVC.
--
Chris Green
·

I would try places that deal with water gardens,Koi ponds etc. Many use sheets of PVC which need joining. There is a tape which is designed for joining sheets as well.
G.Harman
On 7/12/2016 11:49 PM, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Worth trying, but possibly subject to the "hobbyist/enthusiast" premium.