Glow-Worm Micron 60FF fault

Our boiler has packed up this morning, and as we've only been in the house 6 months I've got nothing to give me a chance of diagnosing the problem. It didn't help that I had to come to work, so I've not had time to investigate further but I can't find a copy of the manual online.

The two green LED's on the panel are flashing, and the boiler is humming like the fan is trying to start, but other than that nothing is happening. I've tried powering off/on, but the fault stays.

Does anyone have a manual for this boiler they could let me have a copy of by any chance, or some advice on this problem?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Reply to
Danny Monaghan

See your email.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks John.

I now know that the flashing LED's mean it has a 'Software Sequence Error'.

Now does that mean I've got a buggered PCB, or is it likely to be something else?

Reply to
Danny Monaghan

Danny Monaghan wrote in news:ffnkdn$ruk$ snipped-for-privacy@north.jnrs.ja.net:

Ignore that - the fault is a 'Lighting Squence - Fan/APS' fault. I got my flashing LED's wrong :)

What on earth does that error mean?

Reply to
Danny Monaghan

Sounds like the fan is not spinning up, or the air pressure switch is not detecting it (obviously the control board can't tell the difference between a knackered fan and the sensor).

Reply to
John Rumm

These are not particulalry difficult boilers to fault find being about the same level as a Pott. Profile.

...the boiler is humming like the fan is trying to start ... Have you measured the supply to the fan? Have you traced through the wiring diagram?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

In message , Danny Monaghan writes

Sounds like your fan is ...

how should I say it ?

... shagged

prolly the bearing collapsed and the shaft rattling against the laminations

Is the noise actually coming from the fan ?

it's the second one I've come across today

you might need my website

geoff

In message , Danny Monaghan writes

err ...

The fan is making a noise, the fault is coming up as a fan / APS fault

prolly a gas valve fault then (smiley would follow if I did them)

Reply to
geoff

Well, no - how can it ?

It powers the fan and waits a finite time for the APS to register that the fan is working, if it doesn't then it flags up an error state

Reply to
geoff

It can't.... which is what I said.

Indeed. We seem to agree ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Ah Yes - obvious really, if only my brain had thought a bit, I'd have worked out what APS meant!

Homer moment.

Reply to
Danny Monaghan

I tend to agree.

More an electrical hum from a fan refusing to spin really.

I've had a quick look and the fan isn't spinning - based on the fact the vanes on the top of the fan are stationary, but I've not metered the feed to the fan because my test meter picked exactly that moment to die on me.

Someone is trying to tell me something here I think.

You don't appear to have a Micron fan listed on your website.

Reply to
Danny Monaghan

... because its rattling against the laminations

got some on the shelf though

Reply to
geoff