Glow-Worm Micron 60FF fault

Our boiler has packed up this morning, and as we've only been in the
house 6 months I've got nothing to give me a chance of diagnosing the
problem. It didn't help that I had to come to work, so I've not had time
to investigate further but I can't find a copy of the manual online.
The two green LED's on the panel are flashing, and the boiler is humming
like the fan is trying to start, but other than that nothing is
happening. I've tried powering off/on, but the fault stays.
Does anyone have a manual for this boiler they could let me have a copy
of by any chance, or some advice on this problem?
Any help would be most appreciated.
Reply to
Danny Monaghan
Thanks John.
I now know that the flashing LED's mean it has a 'Software Sequence Error'.
Now does that mean I've got a buggered PCB, or is it likely to be something else?
Reply to
Danny Monaghan
Danny Monaghan wrote in news:ffnkdn$ruk$ snipped-for-privacy@north.jnrs.ja.net:
Ignore that - the fault is a 'Lighting Squence - Fan/APS' fault. I got my flashing LED's wrong :)
What on earth does that error mean?
Reply to
Danny Monaghan
Sounds like the fan is not spinning up, or the air pressure switch is not detecting it (obviously the control board can't tell the difference between a knackered fan and the sensor).
Reply to
John Rumm
These are not particulalry difficult boilers to fault find being about the same level as a Pott. Profile.
...the boiler is humming like the fan is trying to start ... Have you measured the supply to the fan? Have you traced through the wiring diagram?
Reply to
Ed Sirett
In message , Danny Monaghan writes
Sounds like your fan is ...
how should I say it ?
... shagged
prolly the bearing collapsed and the shaft rattling against the laminations
Is the noise actually coming from the fan ?
it's the second one I've come across today
you might need my website

Reply to
geoff
In message , Danny Monaghan writes
err ...
The fan is making a noise, the fault is coming up as a fan / APS fault
prolly a gas valve fault then (smiley would follow if I did them)
Reply to
geoff
In message , John Rumm writes
Well, no - how can it ?
It powers the fan and waits a finite time for the APS to register that the fan is working, if it doesn't then it flags up an error state
Reply to
geoff
I tend to agree.
More an electrical hum from a fan refusing to spin really.
I've had a quick look and the fan isn't spinning - based on the fact the vanes on the top of the fan are stationary, but I've not metered the feed to the fan because my test meter picked exactly that moment to die on me.
Someone is trying to tell me something here I think.
You don't appear to have a Micron fan listed on your website.
Reply to
Danny Monaghan
In message , Danny Monaghan writes
... because its rattling against the laminations
got some on the shelf though
Reply to
geoff

Site Timeline Threads