Glow-Worm Micron PCB Reliability?

Hi,

I've just had the PCB go in my glow-worm micron 50FF boiler.

I've ordered a replacement and a new thermistor (as I've read about not changing the thermistor can knacker the new PCB). The replacement part # is 2000801990.

Can anyone comment on the latest version of this PCB's reliability? Is this revision reliable, or is it likely to go again before the life of the boiler expires? The boiler was fitted when the house was buillt in

2000.

Thanks,

Jon

Reply to
Jon

In message , Jon writes

It's more reliable than the manufacturers old pcb ,

It is less reliable than one we have reconditioned

BECAUSE

apart from reflowing the joints, there are 7 capacitors we replace on the pcb which are responsible for most of the faults

The new version suffers significantly from the PICs failing

Be also aware that failure is also caused by water leaking onto the pcb, this can also be terminal

Reply to
geoff

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to