Ghost lettering

=_Part_0_252848109.1694344450275 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I didn't know he had died, I had taken a break from USENET.

I always respected Dave by the way he put his work up for scrutiny here, and was prepared to learn. He was amongst a small list of posters here that I hoped one day to meet and have a chat. Seeing his van like that is quite poignant.

Reply to
Graham.

Adam's away on hols at the moment, so he can't post to the group. But he's asked me to show you what he spotted parked in Filey ...

Andy Burns

that *is* a good spot - what are the chances etc...

Reply to
jkn

TMH died two years ago today.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Brilliant.

As a professionally trained and time-served suspicious bugger I did just wonder if Dave's daughter who had moved oop North had kept the van or sold it to someone Adam knows. But I'm confident she would have been trained by Dave to do a better paint job.

Reply to
Robin

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

TBH, probably not a paint job so much as what happens when you protect the original paint for a few years with vinyl lettering / transfers, and then remove them.

Reply to
John Rumm

Reply to
Peter Johnson

And Adam's shot my fox with the news TMH's van was leased and sent back to the lease company.

He added he saw it on the 2nd anniversary of his death.

So amazing it is. And I'm left wondering about improbability generators and cups of really hot Yorkshire tea.

Reply to
Robin

In article snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, Andy Burns snipped-for-privacy@andyburns.uk scribeth thus

Long way from its spiritual home!!..