Gates, latches and hinges

Who was asking about self-closing hinges for gates, and latches that could be easily opened from each side?

This is how it's done in Coalbrookdale....

latch bolt is withdrawn by the lever rising from the top of the gate, so horsebods can use it easily. The gate swings closed because of the two-pin lower hinge and the latch catches because whichever side the gate shuts from the bolt, guided by the ramp, lifts the appropriate hook which then falls and traps the bolt.

Reply to
Guy King

That's really clever! Anyone know who makes them?

Horsebod

Reply to
Newshound

The message from "Newshound" contains these words:

Hmmm, I could ask at Ironbridge and see if they know.

Reply to
Guy King

You could try here

's a merkin site but the same principle

Reply to
Mr Alun Davies

The message from Guy King contains these words:

Found a label on one today....

Gates and Stiles - 01953 602085

They appear to have a website - but it just does Listing Denied....

Guy King

Try

HTH

Reply to
PJ

The message from PJ contains these words:

Odd. When I googled for their phone number the only site that came up was the .co.uk one.

Reply to
Guy King