Gas pipe quote - any ideas?

As part of having a new boiler fitted in my roof space I need to upgrade the gas supply as the original one was found to be only 15mm. It was anticipated and I kept the upgrade as a separate item to be quoted if needed.

The installation is working fine - the boiler is happy with the 15mm supply pressure (about 18millibar) - but it doesn't meet the regulations so I need it to be changed.

The pipe run needs to be from the outside meter cubicle - straight up the wall (well - a little bend to place it out of sight near a rainwater pipe) - into the roof space - across the rafters and to the boiler. I reckon about

10 - 11 meters in total. Obviously a tee is needed in the meter cubicle to supply the existing cooker and gas fire.

I feel it should only be about 2 - 3 hours work.

What do you guys think in terms of time and cost?

Reply to
John

I would estimate around £150 inclusive of materials, and you may be underestimating on the time needed too.

Reply to
A Plumber

And your feeling about that is based on *how much* experience installing and testing gas pipework?

Reply to
YAPH

If you put a gun to his head :-)

If you want a super-fast install for time off work reasons, you can use Tracpipe (uncoil off a roll) but whilst it gives very fast installation time it has far higher material cost re pipework & fittings.

Reply to
js.b1

If you put a gun to his head :-)

If you want a super-fast install for time off work reasons, you can use Tracpipe (uncoil off a roll) but whilst it gives very fast installation time it has far higher material cost re pipework & fittings.

So what is the estimate for time?

Reply to
John

£80 in materials or thereabouts... plus other costs depending on who does the work.

Don't underestimate the time taken to neatly clip that length of pipe to a wall, especially when all the fixings will to be plugged and screwed.

Reply to
John Rumm