Gas oven - flexible gas pipe NOT allowed!

What about things not sitting on a floor?

Reply to
John

So are you saying the insulation on a built in oven is poorer than on a freestanding cooker where a flexible connection is allowed?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I am saying the connection must be made in accordance with the instructions supplied, this is why no new gas appliance (or second hand) can be installed by law without installation instructions being available to the installer, simple as that. New free standing appliances normally have measurements for position for the bayonet on the wall, so that the hose hangs in a specific place on the rear away from the hottest parts of the appliance and so as not to touch the floor when the appliance is in place. This wouldn't be possible with an oven because you cannot see it with the oven in place.

Reply to
powerstation

On or around Sat, 12 Nov 2005 13:35:28 +0000 (UTC), "John" mused:

They must be fitted to something, I haven't seen a levitating cooking appliance yet, domestic or commercial.

Reply to
Lurch

Immediately to mind I have seen water boilers and freestanding grills positioned on top of stainless steel catering kitchen furniture (table type worktops) with a vent hood above and piped in rigid pipe so no-one could slide them around and end up not under the hood. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't so:-)

Reply to
John

On or around Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:47:59 +0000 (UTC), "John" mused:

Then it is attached to something then isn't it. Just because it isn't on the floor doesn't mean it can't be fixed down.

Also, I can't believe that anyone would connect a rigid supply pipe to a non-fixed piece of equipment.

This thread is getting dafter by the minute.

Reply to
Lurch

Quite so! You are arguing about something you obviously have no real concept of.. Catering equipment is not domestic, and you obviously don't work in the game so I suggest you drop it.

Re the OPs question the best solution is going to be ask the manufacturer of the oven.

Reply to
John