garage drive lights

Are there any that can be turned on or off with a radio signal from a handset or from my Samsung Galaxy 2 ?

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

Sure there's a power adapter that can be controlled via an iPhone ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

LightwaveRF do a piece of kit to interface between smart phones and their range of relays but it is ukp 64. They also do simple handheld remotes for around ukp 10.

Reply to
rbel

Just the sort of thing I was looking for. Thanks, rbel.

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

As others have said, LightwaveRF (in trying to find them you might sometimes have to search for "Lightwave RF" - with a space).

Right now I am considering exactly what to do for our own backyard/drive lighting. I am tempted by a LightwaveRF switch controlling a socket in the shed (by the driveway) and using a few (somewhere between two and four, I think) 12V LED lamps - and, obviously, a suitable transformer. That is simply because I feel more comfortable slinging 12V around outdoors.

The issue I am struggling with is making it easy to switch them on from the area of the driveway without having to carry a remote. There is a magnetic switch which could be ideal but it is very clearly indoor only

- as is all the rest of their stuff. If that magnetic switch were outdoor rated, I could attach it to out gate and all would be well! Then have a remote or one of their other switches in the kitchen.

In time I might get the internet connection box - but don't want to feel forced to do so from the outset.

By the way, can anyone enlighten me as to what the real differences are between the ordinary triple pack of LWRF socket switches at around £36 and the "basic" ones at around £25?

Reply to
polygonum

I have not used either (I have 3 inline relay installations controlled by wall switches and a remote), but AFAIK the more expensive kit has a more ambitious remote with dimming controls, 4 instead of 3 channels and an 'all off' button which is quite useful.

Reply to
rbel

Thanks - yes, had noted, then promptly put on one side, that the remotes were different.

But the actual switches look a bit, well, cheaper as well. Though if for use in shed, I really would not care! I'd simply like to know so I can make my choice.

Reply to
polygonum

Well, I put some el cheapo 12v lights down my garden path and the transformer indoors is switched by a radio outlet. You would need to get one with a decent range though. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff